As an employee at SubC Imaging, you will be part of a technically diverse team, creating the most advanced and capable video systems for applications such as deep sea mining, film oceanography, offshore energy, archaeology and marine research.
In addition to a fair and competitive salary, we offer the following:
- Hourly pay: Your time is valuable. We strongly believe that in salaried roles, too often, corporations take advantage of employees and people end up working unfairly. We believe in equal pay for time worked.
- Flex time: Life is complex. Work around your own schedule.
- Overtime: In the very rare occurrence of a long week, we pay overtime at 1.5x.
- Medical/health/dental: Industry standard with Blue Cross.
- Matched RRSP plan: We match your contribution for retirement planning.
- Bonuses: Company and employee performance-based bonuses, every 12 months.
- Vacation: 2 weeks, plus an extra three paid holidays and Christmas vacation
- Fitness and health: Coverage for fitness equipment and memberships. Free power conditioning classes with certified personal trainers.
- Brain fuel: Healthy snacks, delicious coffee, and organic teas are provided at our offices so you have energy for innovation.
- Locations: With offices in St. John’s and Clarenville and the option of working remotely, SubC offers the flexibility to accommodate a wide variety of personal and family circumstances.
- Ladder to climb: SubC is growing, we are looking for people to grow with us as we develop new technologies.
These positions are for people who thrive in a fluid, fast-paced environment. A passion for innovation, science and technology is a valuable asset. We are a team of intelligent individuals, but each of us retains independence and creative freedom. Applicants should email email@example.com with resume and example work.
As an Electrical Engineer at SubC Imaging, you will be part of a technically diverse team, creating the most advanced and capable video systems for applications such as deep sea mining, film oceanography, offshore energy, archaeology and marine research.
Hourly pay: $22-30/hr
- Designing, ordering and prototyping circuits and PCBs
- Write firmware in C++ to run on microcontrollers
- Research solutions to complex technical problems
- Completing FMEA analysis on designs
- Assist with completion of product assembly guides and testing instructions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledgeable in analog and digital circuit design theory
- Electronics CAD design: KiCAD, OrCAD or equivalent
- Reflow and hand soldering of PCBs and for prototypes
- Time management
- Attention to detail
Added Value Skills:
- Experience with object-oriented programming (C#, C++, Java or equivalent)
- Android programming and development
- Understanding of technical video and photography systems
This position is full time and starts immediately.